Choosing which material to use for your window frames is an important decision. We’ll explain the benefits of several types of house windows and frames, showing you what to bear in mind when deciding which windows will suit you. All the windows we provide are double or triple-glazed and are available in a range of style options.
There are three main things to consider when choosing your windows: how they look, what maintenance they require, and how much they cost. Each window has its own particular feature – we take an in-depth look at these below.
Looking for extra strength and security? Aluminium windows could be for you. Aluminium window frames are a slim, durable option that let in extra light and require minimal maintenance. Here’s how they shape up:
- Aesthetic appeal: Aluminium window frames are all about the view and the light. Extra slim frames allow more surface area for the window pane, meaning more glass and less frame, allowing you to enjoy maximum natural light in your home. Sit back and take in the views across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire or Middlesex!
- Durability: Aluminium is a strong and durable option, and less prone to damage from the elements than wood. If security is a concern for you, aluminium may be your best choice when deciding on different types of house windows as it is so strong. Depending on the windows you install, you could expect aluminium frames to last for 20-30 years.
- Cost: Aluminium windows are a more expensive option than PVCu or hardwood timber. However, you may consider the extra cost to be worth the benefits of extra natural light, durability and security. In addition, our aluminium window frames include a ‘thermal break’ which makes them extremely energy efficient – so you’ll save on fuel bills.
Would you like to find out more? See our range of aluminium windows and download one of our brochures, or get in touch to discuss how we can help you.
Hardwood timber windows
If you’re looking for an attractive window frame that’s hand-crafted from environmentally-friendly natural materials, our hardwood timber windows could be your best bet.
- Aesthetic appeal: It’s hard to beat the beauty of hardwood timber window frames. Whether you choose a timber stain finish or a painted wooden frame, this is a classic look that will give your home the aesthetic appeal you are looking for. What’s more, if you fancy a makeover, it’s very easy to repaint or stain your frames in the future.
- Durability: When finished properly, wooden window frames are protected from the elements and can be just as durable as their aluminium or PVCu counterparts. Our Paint Care Instruction Sheet has information on how to take care of your hardwood timber windows.
- Cost: Although more costly at the outset than PVCu window frames, hardwood timber windows are a durable option with a lifespan that makes them cost-effective in the long run. Their visual appeal may even add value to your home
Get more information about our hardwood timber windows and choose a style from our brochure to suit you. We’re always happy to talk through the different types of house windows available, so don’t hesitate to get in touch for a chat.
PVCu windows are an affordable, energy-efficient and very low-maintenance option that is popular in homes across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Middlesex, and throughout the UK. Also known as UPVC windows, these cheap and durable window frames are available in a range of styles to suit your home.
- Aesthetic appeal: PVCu window frames come in many different colours and styles. We offer a wide range of colour schemes for your PVCu windows, with attractive options including realistic woodgrain effects. See our brochure for ideas on colour schemes.
- Durability: PVCu windows are an excellent choice for homeowners who do not want the hassle of maintenance. Simply requiring a wipe down every now and then, these windows are reliable and easy to live with.
- Cost: The cheapest material for your windows frames, PVCu is a very affordable option that also offers an excellent thermal performance, saving you money on heating your home.
Are PVCu windows for you? Find out more about our PVCu windows and browse through the wide range of options available. We’d be delighted to help if you’d like to get a quote.
Can we help?
If you still have questions about different types of house windows and frames, call us for a FREE, no-obligation appointment. We install windows in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex and throughout the Home Counties. Call now on freephone 0800 132 510.